Local authorities, the media and commercial organisations do take notice of strong local interest groups with large, active memberships. Every new membership strengthens the Association’s influence.
“There are many benefits to being a member of the River Deben Association:
- We will post you a copy of our magazine, The Deben, in Spring and Autumn each year, which is full of interest to those who love the river
- We hold talks for members twice a year on subjects which are relevant to the river
- The website contains links to numerous river-related organisations
- We contribute to major consultations, such as the recent Deben Estuary Plan
- We assess planning applications near the river and puts in objections where it considers they have an adverse effect on the environment
- We compile a River Code for all those who use the water
- We are a member of the Saltmarsh Group and are contributing to research into understanding the reasons for the erosion of the saltmarshes (e.g. the effect of shore crabs and ragworms)
- We hold a forum meeting every other year for the different interest groups to express their thoughts and wishes (e.g. sailing clubs, rowing club, boatyards, fairway committees etc)
JOIN US TODAY!
Please click on the link below for a membership application form.