Local authorities, the media and commercial organisations take notice of strong local interest groups with large, active memberships. Every new member strengthens the Association’s influence.
There are many benefits to being a member of the River Deben Association:
- We will post you a copy of our magazine, The Deben, in Spring and Autumn each year, which is full of interest to those who love the river
- An RDA membership card which at present entitles you to the following discounts on presentation:
- 35% off all books from Fernhurst Books using code RDA
- 10% off all food and wine at any of the Deben Inn pubs; see debeninns.co.uk
- 10% off all food and wine at the Ramsholt Arms – theramsholtarms.com
- 10% off all wines at Saltpeter Wines in Woodbridge – saltpeterwines.co.uk
- We hold talks for members twice a year on subjects which are relevant to the river
- The website contains links to numerous river-related organisations
- We contribute to major consultations, such as the recent Deben Estuary Plan
- We assess planning applications near the river and put in objections where we consider they have an adverse effect on the environment
- We compile a River Code for all those who use the water
- We are a member of the Saltmarsh Group and are contributing to research into understanding the reasons for the erosion of the saltmarshes (e.g. the effect of shore crabs and ragworms)
- We hold a forum meeting every other year for the different interest groups to express their thoughts and wishes (e.g. sailing clubs, rowing club, boatyards, fairway committees etc)
JOIN US TODAY!
To become a member please complete the membership form below::
The annual subscription is £6.00 for an individual, £10.00 for a couple, £12 for a Household Membership, £15.00 for an Organisation, £20 for Overseas membership.
Your membership runs for a year from your date of joining, and is renewable annually.
Members’ subscription are collected by Direct Debit.
A direct debit mandate for this subscription is set up online. The RDA will use the GoCardless service to perform secure direct debits. Neither the RDA nor its officers will have access to your bank information. You are covered for any errors by the standard bank Direct Debit Guarantee.
MEMBERSHIP FORM – JOINING OR RENEWAL