The latest River Deben Association Journal article is now available to read:
The next Journal article will be published on 25 June 2021. It won’t be available until then. It is usually published around 5pm on the day.
Previous articles can be found here.
To receive automatic notifications for News or Journal articles please either enter your email in the ‘subscribe to posts’ form or click the ‘Follow us‘ button at the end of individual articles.
Previous minutes can be found here.
Annual General Meeting
Wednesday 28th April 2021 6.30 p.m.
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 18th November 2020 (see here)
- Matters arising
- Treasurer’s Report for the year ended 31st December 2020 (see here)
- Appointment of Examiner for the 2021 accounts
- Election of officers and members of the Committee:
o Honorary President – Robert Simper
o Chair – Vacant
o Vice-Chairs – Jane Haviland and Sarah Zins
o Treasurer – Vacant
o Secretary – Caroline Matthews
• There are no committee members standing for re-election.
• Co-opted members standing for election:
o Sue Orme
- Vice Chair’s report (see Spring edition of “The Deben” magazine)
The AGM will be followed by a presentation on “Sketching the Deben” by Mary-Anne Bartlett from Art Safari and local artist Claudia Myatt.
Registration for Zoom AGM Because of the continuing Covid-19 restrictions on gatherings, the 2021 AGM will be held via Zoom.
If you wish to attend the virtual event, please send your name and the email address to which the Zoom joining meeting instructions are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The instructions will be sent out by e-mail the day before the event. Please note that:
- any person who wishes to participate in the voting of the AGM must have their own PC, tablet or smartphone. If joint or household members are sharing a device, only one of them will be able to vote in the meeting.
- If you would like to ‘attend’ the meeting but do not have an email address, we hope that there will be an email address and internet point among your family and friends from where you could join the meeting.
We are very fortunate that the river Deben is designated as being of international importance for wintering birds and has national protection for both breeding and wintering birds. We have brent geese, redshanks, curlews, avocets and lapwings, to name but a few.
In order to protect our wonderful estuarine environment and its wildlife, please look at the attached maps to see which are the most sensitive w ildlife areas to avoid – areas to avoid.
The latest magazine is now available.
Previous magazines can be found here.
Joeske Van Walsum – Chairman interviews Robert Simper – Honorary President in the Autumn sunshine at Ramsholt.
It’s great viewing with Robert’s River Deben stories from years gone by, visions for the future and spectacular scenery, something you will not want to miss!
Alternatively click on the link below to view the RDA 30th Anniversary Video.
(This video was first shown in November 2020 at the RDA Zoom AGM)
The Woodbridge Riverside Trust is putting on an ambitious programme of events called “Going with the Flow – Tides and the Deben Estuary”.
There is an evening talk on 16th October and a tide-related exhibition will be open every day between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. in the Longshed in Woodbridge from 19th to 27th October, as well as several other lectures and events focussing on the Deben.
The final event in the Community Hall on the evening of Sunday 27 October brings together coastal researchers and local experts to discuss options and challenges for managing the River Deben in the future.